Authorising a Spanish Will from Outside Spain

As we have written about before, we highly recommend that foreigners with assets in Spain have a Spanish will. This may seem like a daunting process when out of the country but in fact it is possible and easy to get a Spanish will authorised from abroad.

First, a will has to be drafted. We recommend consulting a qualified lawyer for this, but this can easily be done over email. After the drafting, the only thing left to do is to get the document legalised. This does not need to be done in Spain; any public notary in your home country can do this. 

Once legalised, simply courier the legalised copy to a Spanish lawyer and they can finalise the process. A Spanish lawyer can take an authorised copy of your will and make sure it is registered at the Last Will Registry.  

We hope this helps you understand the steps you need to take to get a Spanish will authorised from abroad. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any more questions or need support with will or inheritance issues.

Blog Attachment
  • 001_pagina10

Related Post